OPENING FOR THE SEASON
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd
Liberty Orchard is a family owned and operated pick your own orchard located in beautiful Brookfield VT. We specialize in Liberty and 5 other disease resistant varieties. Kids love our short, easy to pick trees, and you will too.
- Liberty – crisp and tart, a great all round eating and baking apple
- Freedom – milder but still crisp, makes great cider
- Brookfield - crisp and spicy a great snack any time
- Nova – for those with a sweet tooth, crisp and sweet
- Jonafree – tart and waiting for a pie, will keep for months
- Maggie – Cherry Red, milder and great saucers
- Honey Crisp – Sold in bags at the stand, a great treat.
While not organic, our varieties and careful pest management allow us to significantly reduce the use of agricultural chemicals.
Be sure to bring your kids and camera. Wagons available, park like aisles between the rows. Everyone can reach the apples at Liberty Orchard.
Liberty Orchard is a member of the Vermont Tree Fruit Growers Association. We participate in the VT Food Bank Pick for your Neighbor and the Apples for I Pod promotion of the Vermont Department of Tourism & Marketing.
Pick your own apples - by the half bushel, apples also avalible at self serve farm stand.
Mums and Pumpkins
Tours for preschool and school groups - Tours are generally the first two weeks of the season (for best picking for small hands). Please call beginning in late August to schedule.
We will open September 23rd and remain open until picked out (often by Columbus Day)
10:00 to 5:00 Friday, Saturday and Sunday
1:00 to 5:00 Monday through Thursday.
Sorry no dogs allowed in the orchard.