Design Your Own
The lush and varied offerings of our members make the perfect building blocks for a vacation, retreat, or day of fun and learning. Lodging, dining, and customized tours, classes, workshops and experiences can be scheduled on their own or booked together for a longer visit.
The following are a few example itineraries built from our member offerings. Please visit individual farm pages to see their offerings and contact them directly to book.
Vermont Farm To Table
offered through The Cultural Traveler
- A 45-Minute Introductory Farm Tour at Green Mountain Girls Farm where you can meet the farm’s animals on pasture and learn about how they are raised, what they eat, as well as visit the vegetable gardens. There will be plenty of time to ask questions and snap pictures.
- A complimentary “Latte on the Hoof” at Green Mountain Girls Farm. Meet the farm’s goats and have milk foamed into your mug of coffee or tea. Enjoy the intimacy of time with the does in the rustic milking barn. Available by appointment.
- A Tour of Fat Toad Farm where you can mingle with the goats, learn about all aspects of their care and how milking works. Get an up-close look at each step of the caramel making process. Caramel is made Monday through Friday. Your visit will include a tour of the production room no matter which day you visit.
- After the Fat Toad Farm tour, head to the sampling room and farm store where you can sample all the caramel flavors and enjoy a caramel treat prepared especially for you.
- Take home a complimentary Fat Toad Recipe Card and 2 oz. Jar of their famous Caramel.
- Top off your dinner at Ariel’s Restaurant with a complimentary serving of one of the restaurant’s delicious and decadent desserts skillfully prepared with fresh, local ingredients.
A Cider Season Weekend
- Lodging and a Tour at Green Mountain Girls Farm where you can meet apple-fed pigs, see the young orchard as it bears its first fruits, and learn about the perennial understory that helps keeps the trees and pollinators healthy.
- Apple Picking and a Tour at Liberty Orchards
- A Class on cooking with apples & cider, Ariel’s Restaurant
- Cider pressing at Brookfield Bees
- A Cider & Pork themed dinner at Ariel's Restaurant
Local Wine and Cheese Weekend
- Lodging and Tour at Green Mountain Girls Farm where you can meet the milking goats, see our micro-dairy up close and personal, and enjoy a Latte on the Hoof with breakfast
- Half-day Cheesemaking Class or Whole-day "From Teat to Table" Workshop at Green Mountain Girls Farm
- Wine Seminar or Wine and Cheese pairing followed by Dinner at Ariel’s