Join members of the Floating Bridge Food and Farms Cooperative for an afternoon of learning, eating, and shopping featuring local foods, plants, and gifts, with a highlight on local summer herbs.
Get your gardens set with local plants and flowers including Pagoda Pond Garden’s daylilies, Spruce Lane Farm’s hanging baskets, and medicinal herbs and plants from Twin Ponds Medicinal Herb Farm. Stock your kitchen with fresh produce, pasture-raised meats, pickles, jams, jellies and of course quality sweets including caramel, honey and maple syrup and pick up other great local products such as beeswax candles, soap, wool roving and all the herbs of summer - fresh, dried, and live plants! Come for lunch or snack to fuel your shopping as delicious farm-fresh ready-to-eat items will be available including:
- Gyros by Field Stone Farm with goat from Green Mountain Girls Farm
- Jambalaya with Chicken Sausage by Ariel's Restaurant
- Strawberry Shortcake (as berries allow!) and/or Maple Bread Pudding by Ariel's Restaurant
- Fat Toad Farm Caramel ice cream sundaes
In addition to providing quality local food, the Floating Bridge Food and Farms Cooperative is committed to engaging people in farm-based, food centered educational opportunities. Demonstrations at the market will include:
- Cooking with Summer Herbs: Early Summer Panzanella (1 pm) by chef Lee Duberman of Ariel's Restaurant
- Making Salves & Balms with Local Herbs (2 pm) by Pagoda Pond Gardens
So make an afternoon of it: Come, eat, enjoy, meet and support your local farmers and consider a picnic and swim in Sunset Lake.
The Market will be followed by the Sunday Farm Supper at Ariel’s Restaurant right between the Market location and the town park. Reservations available starting at 5:30, but book early as they fill up. Ariel’s sources the food for the farm suppers from farms within 10 miles of the Floating Bridge, talk about a local meal! More on the farm suppers at their Facebook page.
Read the Press Release.